Bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management (BHM) is a bachelor’s degree program that provides business growth through core approaches such as customer service and human resources. Customer satisfaction is a strong way for any business to gain successful performance. BHM course is therefore highly demanding across the globe in the management sector. The length of the program is 3 years.
Bachelor of Hotel Management Course Details
|Full Form||Bachelor of Hospitality Management|
|Course Fee||INR 1.2 to 3 Lakhs|
|Salary Offered||Basic pay for BHM is 4 Lakhs.|
What is Bachelor of Hotel Management
Hospitality Management is a 3-year full-time semester-based program that is suitable for learners with a global perspective, entrepreneurialism, industry experience, and service-oriented strategy. In addition to management skills, to develop the right mindset for the sector, significant attention is given to practical skills. The eligibility criteria for the degree are to achieve lower and higher secondary education (10+ 2) with a total of 50% in the respective subjects. Upon training, successful students would be able to take on supervisory roles in the hotel and catering industry with comprehensive leadership technical know-how. Implement technological and social skills of hotel and catering services in a professional manner.
Bachelor of Hotel Management: Admission
The method of entry to the BHM program can differ from college to college. Usually based on the entry test of top prestigious colleges / colleges. There are universities that register directly. Lateral entry choice is also available for students. In collaboration with Indira Gandhi National Open University, the National Council for Hotel Management and Catering Technology Joint Entrance Examination(NCHM JEE) is the most common entrance examination for BHM program. There are colleges that administer their institution’s own test for entry.
Bachelor of Hotel Management: Fee
Hospitality management bachelor’s tuition ranges from college to university. The average fee for the course will be between 1.2L and 3 LPA.
Bachelor of Hotel Management: Syllabus
These are the courses that come under the course of the BHM. These may vary slightly based on the selection of universities or schools.
- Tourism management in food and beverage service
- Housekeeping management
- Housekeeping and facility management
- Entrepreneurship management in the hospitality
- Event management
- Nutrition studies
- Fashion accessory design studies
- Food science
- Applied science
- Consumer studies
Bachelor of Hotel Management: College’s
There are many good college courses for BHM, while some of the top college courses below are
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering & Nutrition Pusa
- Welcomgroup Graduate School of Hotel Administration
- Institute of Hotel Management Catering Technology and Applied Nutrition
- Banarsidas Chandiwala Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Army Institute of Hotel Management & Catering Technology
- Oberoi Centre of Learning and Development [OCLD], New Delhi
- Christ University, Bangalore
- Lovely Professional University, [LPU] Jalandhar
- Jaipur National University, [JNU] Jaipur
- Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi [BIT Mesra]
- Amity University, Noida
Bachelor of Hotel Management: Salary Offered
BHM’s average salary is 4 LPA. That varies in the hospitality industry based on the areas one operates. Relevant skills and experience in a good salary is also an issue of consideration.
Bachelor of Hotel Management: Job opportunities
There are enormous opportunities to work in various BHM hospitality Industry, and few of them are mentioned below.
- Catering Manager
- Spas and wellness Manager
- Event Manager
- Restaurant Manager
- Hotel Developer
- Travel and Airline Administrator
- Tourist officer
- Museum Administrator
- Concert and Theater Administrator
- Club Manager