The B.Ed’s. Degree courses in higher primary and secondary schools are compulsory. The National Teacher Education Council is a statutory body which regulates teaching courses in India. Education Bachelor is an undergraduate program that prepares students in schools to serve as teachers. With a minimum of 4 semesters, the length of this course is 2 years. Bachelor of Education’s title is B.Ed.
B.Ed Course Details
|Full Form||Bachelor of Education|
|Eligibility||Graduation/Post Graduation from the recognized university.|
|Fee||Ranges from INR 15,000/- to INR 1Lakhs|
|Course Type||Regular or Distance|
|Basic Pay(Salary) Offered||INR 3 Lakhs To 3.5 Lakhs|
What is B.Ed
The B.Ed. program is a technical undergraduate course that prepares students to work in schools as teachers. In secondary (classes 6 to 10) and higher secondary (classes 11 and 12), the B.Ed degree is required. Formerly known at some universities as a Bachelor of Training[BT] or’ Siksha Shastri,’ the course is usually 2 years long.Correspondence or distance learning can also follow the Bachelor of Education program, both of which generally have a 2-year length. The admission process for the B.Ed can vary from college to college.
Following B.Ed, students have the freedom to pursue M.Ed. in any Indian university or teacher-training institutes offering the program. The National Council for Teacher Education is the legislative body governing teacher-training courses in India.
The various B.Ed subjects pursued in the B.Ed curriculum are listed below.
Education, Culture and Human Values
Educational Evaluation and Assessment
Guidance and Counselling
Philosophy of Education
B.Ed Course Eligibility
A Bachelor of Arts [ B.Ed ], Bachelor of Science [ B.Sc ] or Bachelor of Commerce [ B.Com ] from a recognized board / university is the minimum credential needed for admission to a Bachelor of Education [ B.Ed ] program.
An acceptance criterion is a minimum aggregate score of 50 percent in graduation. For the B.Ed program, a minimum cumulative score of 55% at the post-graduate level is required for admission to university.
Many universities and colleges administer entrance exams based on their performance in the entrance test for the selection of candidates. Most of the tests were carried out in June.
B.Ed Course Admission
Aspirants are required to apply for admission to various teaching institutions attached to it in an entrance test organized by the various public and private institutes and universities. In the same way, admission is given based on the candidate’s rank in the entrance exam. The review is usually carried out in the month of May or June for which the forms are available online.
B.Ed Top College’s
- Lady Shri Ram College For Women, South Delhi.
- Kasturi Ram College Of Higher Education, North West Delhi.
- Faculty Of Education, Jamia Millia Islamia University, South Delhi.
- Department Of Education, University Of Delhi, New Delhi.
- Al Ameen College Of Education, Bangalore.
- Vijaya Teachers College, Bangalore.
- Bombay Teachers’ Training College, Mumbai
- Amity Institute Of Education, Amity University, New Delhi
- Faculty Of Education, Dr M. G. R. Educational And Research Institute, Chennai
- Lady Irwin College, University Of Delhi, New Delhi.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University – IGNOU, Delhi
- Panjab University – PU, Chandigarh
- Bangalore University, Bangalore
- Annamalai University, Cuddalore
The subjects learned in the Bachelor of Education program [ B.Ed ] by different universities and colleges are as follows:
|Childhood & Growing up|
|Education in Contemporary India|
|Development and Management in School Education|
|Gender, School & Society|
|ICT in Education|
|Language Across the Curriculum|
|Understanding Self, Personality & Yoga|
|Language Across the Curriculum|
|Communication Skills and Expository Writing|
|Learning & Teaching|
|Fine Arts and Theatre|
|Assessment for Learning|
|Content & Pedagogy 1 Part I|
|Content & Pedagogy 2 Part I|
|Content & Pedagogy 1 Part II|
|Content & Pedagogy 2 Part II|
|Simulated lessons with integration of skills including instructional materials|
|Simulated lesson with ICT mediation|
|Observation of demonstration lesson / video lesson|
|National Concern & Education|
|Creating an Inclusive School|
|Knowledge & Curriculum|
|Guidance and Counselling|
Specialization options are available for students in the Bachelor of Education program [ B.Ed ]. In which Some of them are given below:
- B.Ed (Accounts)
- B.Ed (Arabic)
- B.Ed (Biological Sciences)
- B.Ed (Business Studies)
- B.Ed (Child Development)
- B.Ed (Commerce)
- B.Ed (Computer Science)
- B.Ed (Economics)
- B.Ed (Education of Handicapped)
- B.Ed (English)
- B.Ed (Geography)
- B.Ed (Home Science)
- B.Ed (Information Technology)
- B.Ed (Malayalam)
- B.Ed (Maths)
- B.Ed (Natural Science)
- B.Ed (Physical Science)
- B.Ed (Sanskrit)
- B.Ed. (Social Science)
- B.Ed. (Special Education – Locomotor and Neurological Disorder)
- B.Ed. (Special Education)
- B.Ed. (Special Education) (Learning Disability)
- B.Ed. (Special Education) (Mental Retardation)
- B.Ed. (Special Education) (Visually Impaired)
- B.Ed. (Tamil)
- B.Ed. (Vocational)
B.Ed Job Offered
Graduates of the Bachelor of Education program [ B.Ed ] will find a wide variety of employment-market employability. Some of B.Ed graduates ‘ major and most lucrative job opportunities are:
Research and Development Agencies,
B.Ed Salary Offered:
B.Ed Course Details: For B.Ed applicants, private schools pay a beautiful amount to their teaching staff relative to government schools to maintain highly efficient teaching staff.
A teacher’s average salary in India is around Rs.3 lakes per year. For good experience and degree in the field of education, salaries will be increased.
A TGT can earn more than Rs.3 lacs per year in a government school, and a PGT can earn a salary of Rs.4.5 lacs per year.
For B, the minimum length. Ed. Ed. The distance mode shall be two years, but the total duration shall be five years. In any discipline or 55 percent in the postgraduate program, the candidates should have scored a minimum of 50 percent aggregate.In addition, candidates should have trained in-service primary education teachers, or candidates should have completed a NCTE-recognized teacher education program through face-to-face mode.
Below are some of the best college for distance learning:
- Lady Shri Ram College for Women, New Delhi
- Satyam College of Education, Noida
- Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam
- Lady Irwin College, Delhi University
- Bombay Teachers Training college, Mumbai
- St. Xavier’s College of Education, Patna
- D.M College of Teacher Education, Imphal
- Lovely Professional University, Jalandhar
- Amity University, Noida
- Banaras Hindu University, Varanasi
- Indira Gandhi National Open University
- Yashwantrao Chavan Maharashtra Open University
- Karnataka State Open University
- Babasaheb Ambedkar Open University
- Netaji Subhas Open University